- Bachelor of Education: Secondary Education: Sciences and Geography, 1980, State School Teacher Training in Ghent.
- Master in Moral Sciences, 1984, University of Ghent.
- Qualified teacher in Moral Sciences, 1985, University of Ghent.
- Bachelor of Philosophy, 1986, University of Ghent.
- Advanced Studies in Women's Studies, 1996, University of Antwerp.
- Doctorate in Philosophy, 2008, Free University Brussels, dissertation on Politics of Mathematics.
Research 2002-2007: Scientific researcher for Interuniversity Attraction Pole, Phase V. The project is titled: "The loyalties of knowledge. The positions and responsibilities of the sciences a…